Blue Light is Everywhere – Are you protecting your eyes from Blue-Violet light?
During the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, our digital world has expanded more than ever.
From work to school to spare time, we are all using some sort of digital device for long hours every day and we are bombarded by blue-light from these man-made sources.
Research suggests that this cumulative and constant exposure to blue light can damage our eyes, specifically the retina cells. There is expected to be an increase in the number of patients at risk for macular degeneration in the coming decades.
- 25% of kids spend more than 3 hours each day on digital devices. With COVID-19 pandemic the number of hours has increased drastically.
- 72% of adults are unaware of the dangers of Blue light
- 33% of adults spend more than 9 hours each day on digital devices.
- People look at their mobile devices more than 100 times per day.
Are you protecting your eyes from Blue-Violet light?
Essilor and the Paris institute discovered the precise band of Blue-Violet light within the blue light spectrum that is most harmful to retina cells. 415-455 mm are the most harmful wavelengths for the retinal cells. This vital information allowed them to develop their unique Crizal Prevencia anti-reflective lenses.
Crizal Prevencia lenses:
- Deflects harmful blue-violet light
- Allow beneficial Blue-Turquoise light to pass through
- Subtle purple hue indicates that lenses are effectively deflecting Blue-Violet light
- Resists glare, scratches, smudges, dust and water
- 25 x more UV protection than going without spectacles
- Clear comfortable vision with visible light transmission of 99%
World of Vision Optometrists belongs to Essilor’s select Expert group of Optometrists, allowing us access to their technologically advanced products, including Crizal Prevencia lenses.