At World of Vision Optometrists, we strive to achieve the best developmental platform for all children, both on the sports field and in the classroom. We do our best to ensure that we provide children with all the tools to assist them to perform at their best. World of Vision Optometrists offers comprehensive visual assessments, corrective and preventative vision solutions.
At least 80 % of what children learn, comes through their eyes. Vision problems can adversely affect school achievement, sporting ability and social integration.
Today’s children make full use of digital devices, be it for education or leisure. They spend more time doing “near work” such as texting, playing games and watching videos or movies on cell phones. Prolonged near work can increase visual strain and incidence of nearsightedness. With the added emittance of blue light from screens, their visual systems are exposed to a far greater demand than in the past.
The following signs may be an indication of underlying visual problems:
- Holds the book too close or too far from eyes
- Frequently changes the distance at which book is held
- Blinks frequently
- Frequently loses place on page
- Confuses words, syllables or letters
- Tilts head to one side
- Stops reading after a short period of time
- Use finger as marker when reading
- Lack of comprehension
- Headaches and eye pain
- Poor concentration
- Squint eyes and screw up face to see clearly
- Bends head forward while looking up at the object
- Use head movements to follow an object
- Seems to lose concentration when things are explained on board
- Closing or covering of one eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Sitting too close to the TV
Set aside a half an hour, ensure peace of mind for yourself and help build the foundation for your child’s academic achievement in future!
Don’t wait! Play an active role in assessing your child’s vision.